Help I’m Being Excluded. This leaflet has been produced by Govan Law Centre and is for children who have been excluded so that they are aware of their rights. It is available in the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Gaelic, Hindi, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Slovakian, Tagalog and Urdu.
Click on Help I’m Being Excluded to access
- For: Parents, Primary, Secondary, SFL
- Language: Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Slovak, Tagalog, Urdu
- Purpose: Best Practice, Information, Letters Home
These useful resources from Bracknell Forest EAL and Diversity Team at Bracknell Forest Council give schools basic phrases in different languages in PDF format for use with pupils and parents. They can be used for new arrivals or for checking understanding for New to English pupils. Some teachers and pupils may simply be interested in them to celebrate different languages as well.
Click on the language to download….
Arabic Chinese Czech German Greek Hindi Hungarian Italian Japanese Lithuanian Malayalam Polish Portuguese Russian Slovak Spanish Tagalog Tamil Thai Turkish Urdu
There are also lots more resources in different languages for use in Primary and Secondary schools on their website click here to open in a new window
- For: Parents, Primary, Secondary
- Language: Arabic, Chinese, Czech, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Urdu
- Purpose: Class Signs, Dual Language, Information, Phrase books
Download all the above as a pack here.
And if you’re interested, here’s a global map of Lithuanian language distribution.